THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Monday, August 24, 2009

No love from Marvel Comics, part 2

Part 2 of that Namor versus the whale story I drew way back in the mid 90's. I don't normally like to post spoilers, but I'll tell you this-- Namor beats the honking big whale monster up.






I'm getting some nice feedback from this, so I'll be posting up some more old school superhero stuff from the 90's. Hold on to your hats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! my name is virginia. you're really good. don't give up. try animation. my dad used to draw and paint really well but did nothing with it. i believe he has a lot of regrets. although he is now painting again in his 80's for his own pleasure, he is still saying i should have. so keep trying till success comes.

George O'Connor said...

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm actually doing quite well going the alternate route. Discouraged from working for Marvel, I turned to my other love, children's books, and did very well there. Eventually I segued into comics, but working for book publishers, with my own non-superhero work (check my widget of some of my books available on Amazon)and am currently finishing up the second of a 12 books series retelling the Greek myths. So, really, I can't complain that I didn't get Marvel work back in the day. It's more amusing to me than anything else. Send me a link to your father's stuff-- I'd love to see it.