THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Amazon Vs Macmillan! Goliath Vs Goliath! I'm a little David with no rocks to be found anywhere!


As I was alerted by the talented Ms. Colleen Venable, and directed to this article on the New York Times, Amazon (they get no link) has pulled down all of Macmillan Publishings titles in a dispute with the publisher over the price of ebooks for their Kindle reader. Now both First Second and Roaring Brook Press, two companies with whom I have published the majority of my books, fall under the Macmillan banner ( as well as Henry Holt, St. Martins, FSG and others) so they're all yanked; What's worse, since all of my work has included full color illustrations, they weren't even eligible for Kindle-ation, so I'm just an innocent bystander caught in the crossfire.

Realistically, this will all be resolved soon, I'm sure. However, if you're reading this, and you were planning to buy one of my books at some point in the near future, may I humbly suggest you do it right now, at a place other than Amazon?

2 comments:

Tim Hamilton said...

sigh...

Jean just bought "Uncle Bigfoot" at an actual store!

George O'Connor said...

Jean is awesome.