THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Zeus!!

Check it out. This is completed black and white artwork for a "tryout" page for my upcoming graphic novel about Zeus. Zeus has just decided to confront his father, the Titan Kronos, about the fact that Kronos had eaten Zeus' siblings. As you can see, it maybe didn't go so well.

This is a tryout page because I have a couple of different ideas about how I would like to color this book. One option is simple computer coloring, think Dave Stewart's work on Hellboy or DC the New Frontier; the other option, that I'm hoping pans out, is that I'll be able to print this image onto some watercolor paper and create the color with some good ol'-fashioned paint washes. I think I should be able to get some pretty nice textures that way. Watch for color versions soonish.

No comments: