THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Big City Dare to Draw!

The Big City Dare to Draw is a periodic gathering in Manhattan where like-minded artists, from pro to novice and all points in-between, meet to network, draw and have a drink or two. There is a suggested donation that goes to help fund struggling artists, and a couple of pros will hold some short demos where they share some tips or ideas.

The next meetup is on Wednesday, September 21st, from 6-9 PM, at Jack Demsey’s Pub (36 W 33rd St, New York, NY-- right across from the Empire State Building!). The guest pros in question will be myself and my studiomate Reilly Brown-- I hope to see you there!

For your perusal, here are some sketches made by yours truly at a previous Dare to Draw, with some sweet Copic markers I borrowed from Simon Fraser:



No comments: