THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Got to get back on the horse...



Or goat, I guess. This is Pallas, the goat-like leader of the mythological race called the Gigantes. I'm trying to make up for some lost time, posting-wise, but I haven't had a chance to scan in all that much recent stuff, so this is a somewhat older sketch done in preparation for Grey-Eyed Goddess. There's a nice solidity to the figure, I suppose, though I'm not sure if the head-on portrayal really adequately conveys his size (with a name like Gigante, you know they're big). In the sketches for the book he's always pictured with extreme foreshortening- this was kind of just a little doodle for my own reference. And now yours.

No comments: