THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Kentler benefit reception tonight! Be there!

Tonight's the FREE kick-off event for the 9th Annual 100 WORKS ON PAPER BENEFIT at The Kentler International Drawing Space in Red Hook, NYC, featuring cartoonists. I have a piece in this, I'll be there, so if you find yourself all wandering around Red Hook, going like , man, I feel like looking some original comics art, and maybe staring longingly across the room at George "He's over 7 foot tall and also the world's handsomest man" O'Connor, well, then, I'll be frank. You'll have a hard time finding a more appropriate event than this one.

WHEN: Friday, April 15 · 6pm - 8pm

WHERE: Kentler International Drawing Space
353 Van Brunt Street, Brooklyn, NY
http://www.kentlergallery.org/

Over 100 Artists have generously donated drawings and works on paper to support the 2011 exhibitions and public programs at Kentler International Drawing Space.

Featuring cartoonists/artists:

Nick Abadzis
Thomas Baehr
Patrick Bucklew
Krista Dragomer
Jen Ferguson
Simon Fraser
Dean Haspiel
Jennifer Hayden
Josh Neufeld
George O'Connor
Rick Parker

BENEFIT EXHIBITION ON VIEW:
April 15 - May 13 / Thursday - Sunday, 12 - 5pm

FaceBook Party event: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=192605574114808

BENEFIT EVENT: Saturday, May 14, 6pm, Honoring: Jonathan Ames and Dean Haspiel
(Ticket holders only)
Link to purchase tickets on Kentler's website.
www.kentlergallery.org

1 comment:

Trade Loeffler said...

Well, I do feel like looking at some original comics art, but I didn't realize you were over 7 foot tall. Damn, I didn't know it was possible to pile it that high.

I'll try to make it over there for awhile this evening if I can.