THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hephaistos



This was a nice little sketch I banged out of the Blacksmith of the Gods. Sometimes these quick little drawings will really capture a certain something that a more finished sketch could miss. Half of this drawing is so gestural it verges on unreadable, but I really like the expression I caught on his face.

2 comments:

Leland Purvis said...

The crippled-craftsman is my personal heavy-hitter. Had a look-see at the temple of Hephaistos in Athens. Small wonder it's the best preserved of them all. He watches, still.

George O'Connor said...

Never would have guessed, what with Vulcan and Vishnu and all. I kind of like the idea that his role as the craftsman extraordinaire is responsible for the wonderful condition of his temple in Athens, while the very similar and nearby temple to destructive Ares has been completely destroyed.