THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

warm up: what the heck are jeggings?

Today's Drawbridge topic, chosen by Mr. Tim Hamilton, is "Jeggings" and as so often happens when Tim chooses a topic, I scratch my head and go to the internets to see what the heck he's talking about.




According to Wikipedia, Steven Ameling, fashion critic, stated that while jeggings are acceptable careerwear, the blending of the word 'jeans' with the word 'leggings' is, "...an abomination."

Me, I see these "jeggings" as the inevitable and unsightly conclusion of the current skinny jeans trend. Anyone who has ever ferried between Williamsburg and Manhattan knows that the L Train serves as a rolling runway for the fashionably hip, so, hence my drawing.

No comments: