THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chimera

Today's topic was "Chimera"

Well, I am kind of the mythology guy round hereabouts, so why not draw the original Chimera, the one from Greek myth? Well, Tim did a version of it that I can't touch, which hearkens back very closely to the (kinda sorta goofy) ancient depictions. But as luck would have it, I designed my own take on the  Chimera as part of a pitch for a spin-off series from Olympians that is currently languishing in non-development. I was fiercely proud of this somewhat more realistic take (if something like the Chimera could ever be considered realistic)  and was kind of saddened that there's a good chance it will never see the light of day otherwise, so why not share it here? So, as I was on the move all day, here's my crappy little subway doodle of the Chimera:


and as an added bonus, here's a sliver of art from that ill-fated Olympians spin-off pitch I mentioned, showing my Chimera and the Greek hero Bellerophon.


Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

No comments: