THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

And on the eighth day he said let there be color...


So what we have here is my first attempt at coloring the page from Zeus I posted up a few days ago. The big guy is the Titan Kronos, Zeus' dad. Zeus is the little guy getting eaten, while his mom Rhea looks on, distraught. And you thought your family had problems...

Actually the page is not 100% complete yet. I'll still be tweaking it here and there, and I still need to color in the plant that falls from Zeus' waistband in panels 3 and  4; I'll probably replace this image when I finish that.  Aside from that, what do you think?

1 comment:

booksRule said...

It is beautiful--only thing I might add, not being an artist, is some more black head-thrusting-through-the-clouds lines for Kronos so his triumph bursts through them while Rhea is perfectly set in them....some cloud contrast. His body is so strong and the clouds should look a bit disturbed? I love the close-ups and the earthy tones of creation. -sara