THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Monday, April 28, 2008

the god of theft and cunning



Here's another image that might seem familiar to anyone who's visited my Facebook account, where it has served some time as my avatar. Hermes, the jack-of-all-trades of Olympus, has always been my favorite god. Despite having more responsibilities than any other member of the pantheon, one never got the feeling that he took himself too seriously. Hermes only has a cameo appearance in the last panels of Zeus, but he plays a pretty large supporting role in Grey-Eyed Goddess. Any reader of mythology will know that Hermes and Athena are the two great patrons of heroes and that partnership will be spotlighted throughout The Olympians.

No comments: