THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Education of Hopey Glass


So, the other day, I dropped by the ol' Daily Bugle building (in reality, home to First Second Books) and afterwards, as I often will do, I poked my head into the nearby Forbidden Planet comic store. A pleasant surprise was awaiting me there in the form of a new collection/graphic novel by Jaime Hernandez.

This was really unexpected because I hadn't even heard of this one coming out. Jaime Hernandez is, in my opinion, one of the two best draftsmen working in comics today. His stories are maybe not everyone's cup of tea ( I have been positively evangelical in trying to get First Seconder's hooked, to no avail so far) but there's no denying the brilliance of his art and composition.  I recommend checking it out. Not for kids.

No comments: