THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

An Octopus Lady



Continuing my new practice of warm-ups, I sketched out this lovely lady who happens to have an octopus for a head this morning. It's maybe a little detailed for a warm-up, but I had to break in a new nib as I utterly killed my old one the other day. I was pretty happy with it, even though I could not tell you what possessed me to draw such a thing.



As an added bonus, here is warm-up-idea-progenitor Tim Hamilton's attempt at a similarly afflicted woman.



And Nathan Schreiber's Admiral Akbarian attempt. Looks kind of like Dr. Zoidberg.

No comments: