THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Warm Up Action Figure



Today's warm-up drawing topic was "Action Figure" so I opted to draw this still life from my drawing desk at Hypothetical Island Studios. I am an action figure freak (my collection at home is... significant) and a few favorites have spilled over to my studio away from home. Here we have Beaker of Muppet Show fame being tortured/menaced by Lobster Johnson, of Hellboy Supporting character fame. In the background, you can see my long-suffering Jade plant. I just can't keep those things alive.

As a "bonus" for those of you who view this here rather than at the Drawbridge blog, here's a couple of shots of my home collection.



Gorillaz vs. Hellboy



Not a giant action figure, but fellow DrawBridger Nathan Schreiber, making a guest appearance amongst the collection. He held that pose for, like, hours.

No comments: