THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Warm up: Scott Pilgrim UPDATED!

Firstly, I missed a few days, as I was sick. Back at the studio now, and it was Nathans' choice today. The assignment-- draw a Scott Pilgrim character. This is kind of tricky, if you ask me, as once you take away Bryan Lee O'Malley's very distinctive drawing style, there would be very little to identify the characters. I mean, Scott is by design a kind of everyman, right? Still, we rose to the occasion.

here's mine:



Nothing too new and original here, just a take off of the cover to Scott Pilgrim #1. Still, it's just a warm up, right?

Here's Tim Hamilton's:



Much nicer, with just a touch of that manic Hamiltonianess we all love and cherish. Up next, the lovely and talented Natalie Kim who has been guesting at the Studios lately. She's already very successful in her other careers as an actress and writer, so lord only knows why she would want to be a cartoonist. Doesn't she realize how low down on the food chain we are? We're like kelp. Nice work, though.



Lastly, mad Scotsman Simon Fraser graced us with this very pretty picture of cinematic Scott Pilgrim, Michael "George Michael Bluth" Cera. I like the hearts. The movie, btw, was the best thing ever, and if you didn't see it, well, you're my enemy.



UPDATE! Scott Pilgrim Idea Progenitor Nathan Schreiber got his sketch to us late. We're not sure why, but it probably has something to do with protecting his vital bodily fluids, if his piece is any indication. Pretty nice one, and worth the wait, I'd say.