THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Warm Up: Intergalactic Planetary, Planetary Intergalactic

Just pencils for me, thanks.




So it was Becky Cloonan's turn to choose a warm-up topic today. To honor yesterday's dissolution of the company, her edict was: draw a Wildstorm character.

My first reaction was images of WildC.A.T.s and other uber-90's fare, but after seeing Tim Hamilton's post, I remembered just how varied and cool some of what Wildstorm published was. I went with the core trio of Warren Ellis and John Cassaday's Planetary series, a book I highly enjoyed (though, honestly, drifted away from as the wait between issues got progressively longer. And longer) . Even my girlfriend really dug Planetary. After drawing this, maybe I'll go and finish up the series in trade.

A glass raised to you, Wildstorm. You did some good comics. Check out other Drawbridgers takes on their fave Wildstorm characters here.

No comments: