THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN RETIRED. I'm still going to be keeping it up here, though-- there's some pretty cool old stuff on it. That said, if you want to keep up to date with me, please go to www.georgeoconnorbooks.com.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Warm up: Vertigo's Death




Well, you know someone was going to pick this one.

Neil Gaiman's Sandman was (and is) an incredible important comic to me. It was one of a handful of comics that I read in the 90's, a time when I felt that a lot of what was being published left me cold. That being said, even the first few issues of Sandman didn't really grab me. It wasn't until issue #7, "The Sound of Her Wings", which was the first appearance of Dream's older sister Death, that I was really hooked. My little drawing pays tribute to that story's pigeon-feeding centerpiece, with Death contemplating one of her flying friends. Hope you enjoy!


Check out the rest of  the Drawbridge gang's portraits here.

No comments: